Design Research Dissertation: Draft Dissertation

Angelina Lee An Qi (0334272)

Design Research Dissertation

Draft Dissertation



Draft Dissertation

Instructions


Draft Dissertation

Literature Matrix link

Draft Dissertation link


Reflections

Dr Hayati asked us to write up a literature review matrix so that it is easier for us to write the literature review. Those with a lack of findings would need to search for more articles for sufficient content for the dissertation. Once done with the matrix, we can continue to do a draft of our literature review. I had no problems with my literature review matrix except for not setting a theme to each article, so I corrected that.


Dr Hayati mentioned that I should include a cover page in my draft. I included a cover page titled “Exploring Aspects of Character Design”. I also elaborated on certain sections I thought were too short.


Dr Hayati asked me to add a research question as it was a requirement that I somehow missed out. She also suggested putting a brief description under the literature review subtopics. She also mentioned that I should provide reasoning to why uncanny valley is related to the research. I added a research question that I found describes my goals best. I also provided descriptions under several subtopics.


Dr Hayati commented under my findings section that I should introduce the instruments I had used. I also had to write some more for my abstract section. I gave a brief introduction to the instruments I used as well as elaborated more for my abstract section.


I ended up forgetting to submit the dissertation cover along with the draft in Google Classroom. I also was not sure if I reached 7000 words and excluded the reference list and appendices, so I wrote some more and re-uploaded my files into the revised submission.


Comments

Popular Posts