Design Research & Methodology: Research Implementation



11/10/19-08/11/19 (Week 7-Week 11)

Angelina Lee An Qi (0334272)

Design Research & Methodology

Research Implementation


Instructions





Research Implementation









Feedback

Week 8: Dr Hayati said that I should have a research objective in my proposal. I also had to reconfirm my research statement. Originally it was “exploring aspects of character design and how people often do not identify the characteristics of what makes a good character.” Dr Hayati told me that the second part would not be valid unless I have an article to back it up. So I texted Dr Hayati and asked her if it is okay if I cut my research statement to only “exploring aspects of character design”, and she told me to go ahead.

Week 9: Dr Hayati told me to make my research objective more clearer. I was shown how to word it better. I was also told that I should add something to my research implementation section of the Google Drive folder.

Week 10: Suggest that I leave it to “Exploring different aspects of character design.”
Must design questions so that these different aspects of the participants view. Dr Hayati gave me the go-ahead with observations.
The participants of the survey must be from a player’s point of view. Otherwise they might not give as much of a significant feedback.
I would have to think about how the questions answer my research objectives. I could have both wherein I could ask experts in the field as well as normal players. Try and think more about the questions.


Week 11: Unable to get feedback.


Reflections

Experience:

It was very last minute when I opened my survey form to get responses. I attempted to send out two surveys two days before the proposals were due.

Observations:

The first time I sent out the survey, I sent out to friends and family relatives. However, I soon realized that I wanted my target audience to be video game players, and not people who has no idea who the game characters are.


Findings:

I went on the website Reddit and found a forum called SampleSize where people post and answer surveys, so I posted mine there with specifications that it was targeted to video game players only. I managed to get 280 responses thanks to that website.




Comments

Popular Posts