Information Design: Group Project

Angelina Lee An Qi (0334272)

Information Design

Group Project


Notes




Instructions





Final Project



For our final project, I worked with Daryl, Wen Yi and Jason. We were given a topic and were instructed to create an infographic video based off of that topic. This project was done throughout the semester.



Our infographic moodboard:



Our infographic storyboard:




Animatic:





We split up the roles into: Daryl doing the character assets, me doing the backgrounds, Jason doing the animation and Wen Yi doing the audio.

Process pictures:
Fig. 1.1 Process pictures from Daryl

Fig. 1.2

Fig. 1.3
Fig. 2.1 Process from me

Fig. 2.2

Fig. 2.3
Fig. 3.1 Process from Jason

Fig. 3.2

Fig. 3.3

Fig. 3.4
First outcome for final:





Final outcome:




Feedback

We originally wanted to go with makeup for men vs women, however Mr Shamsul said that it is kind of a cliche topic, so we went with plastic surgery men vs women.
For our storyboard we were told that it was not detailed enough, so we had to redraw and rethink as well as really plan it out the second time we did it.
Mr Shamsul suggested that we try to keep a consistent art style throughout the infographic so that it would not look awkward and out of place.


Reflections

When we worked together, we weren't as efficient as we could be, because sometimes my groupmates had to leave early, or someone would have to get their laptop fixed. However, I felt like we communicated quite well and our outcome seems satisfactory to me.
I recorded the narration using a friend's studio microphone, but I guess it had some issues because I had no idea what I was doing, thus the narration came out to be quite soft. My groupmates working on the audio helped to edit it to a suitable volume though.


Comments

Popular Posts